Diner En Blanc DC is coming up again this weekend. This annual event is one of the places to be every August in Washington D.C. We know planning for DEB DC has probably been stressful for you, especially if you are a 1st timer, it can become very overwhelming.
But don’t worry sha, we got you covered. Check out our 10 tips to help you successfully experience Diner En Blanc DC. Unfortunately we didn’t have the proper tools to help us prepare last year so we were forced to learn the Do’s & Don’ts the hard way LOL
So lets get started!
- Make a Checklist. Start planning early, and create a list of all the items you will need for that day. See an example of our list from DEB DC below.
- 28x32inches Table
- Table cloth
- (2) white plates & bowls
- (2) sets forks, spoons, knifes
- (2) wine glasses
- (2) water glass cups
- Picnic basket
- Get connected. Make sure to get your team leaders phone number to review details for that day. Also be sure to visit the back end of the DEB site to discuss any questions or concerns you may have in preparation for the big day with fellow group mates.
- Complete a practice test run for your table set up. Once you have gathered all the items you need for you table, practice setting everything up in advance to insure that your vision comes to life that day and that everything fits on the table. Trust us, 28x32inches inches is not a big as you may think.
- Pack Right. This part is very essential. After you have successfully completed your table run through, practice packing up everything you’ll be carrying to Diner En Blanc. It’s very necessary to pack as compact and efficiently as possible. If possible we suggest using something with wheels to pack. You will be trekking all over the streets of DC and the last thing you want to do is be exhausted and sweaty by the time you get the secret location.
- White out. Make sure everything you bought to wear is white. Not cream, beige, or off white, just white from head to toe.
- Don’t get left behind. Check location meet up site for you designated group way before the day of. If you decided to take public transportation in DC (which we suggest) leave at least two hours in advance. Last year we had no idea they were doing construction, so we missed our meet up time because all the trains were delayed.
- Use context clues. If you get left behind like we did, look for people dressed in white or carrying similar items. Even if they are not in your group they will lead you to your destination, Hunger games style. If you don’t see anyone call your group leader.
- Enjoy. When you finally get to your secret location, dismantle, set up and relax. WE know that Diner En Blanc can sometimes feel like a scene from “The Amazing Race” but when everything is all set up it is one of the most memorable and unforgettable experiences. So enjoy the ambiance, eat and drink well, and make plenty of new acquaintances.
We hope that our advice helps you to successfully execute this year’s Diner En Blanc DC.
Oh and by the way, stress is part of the experience, so enjoy it, get creative and have fun!
“ & May the God’s be with you.”
If you’re still wondering what it will be like, check out a clip from our experience last year HERE.